Dell (Laptop), I am impressed - Inspiron 14z (N411z).

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
Been a while since I've loomed around these parts, but I thought it was worth sharing my unbelievable experience with Dell's Laptops. I'm not about to go buy a desktop of theirs (or any other company for that matter...), but the 14" inspiron i5 (with 6gb mem) I got for $650 outperforms or matches any competitor laptop I've seen, including an Asus that was ~$1000 a few weeks ago when my brother got it... though he still has all the asus-crapware installed while I did a fresh format :p

Of course I'm not referring to gaming, because I doubt this computer's "Windows Experience Index" of 6.3/7.9 in gaming graphics means it can play the new assassin's creed on max, but as an avid programmer I have numerous web services running (multiple localhost servers actually), a linux partition, rhino (3d modeling program), etc. etc. etc. all without a hitch and 7 hours of battery on super-power-saver-mode.

Anyways, I was rather upset when I learned my next laptop would be a Dell (my work has a program to buy this for me), but knowing what I do now, I would be thrilled to pay $650 for this out of my own pocket..... and apparently I saw this noteworthy enough to dig up my account and make this post.

TL;DR - Dell [mid-level] Laptops FTW! Just avoid their typical BS trying to get you to buy what you don't need

My friend just bout one.. She loves it. I got her addicted to Skyrim / other Bethesda RPGs, which all run fine on it. But she mostly uses it for school... not much of a techie so I doubt she'll do anything but use the webcam and browse websites :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom