dell inspiron 700m lcd screen dim

Status
Not open for further replies.
raverx3m,
I have a problem with a very dark screen on my 700m. I did spill water on it about 2 years ago. I had to replace the battery after that. I can see the images if I look real close. I googled like crazy and found replacing the inverter. So I ordered a inverter and flex cable. I replaced both and my screen is still dark. I ordered an lcd backlight and will replace that when it arrives. Can you help me out by telling me where the backlight is and how to replace it?
Thanks, Susan

lol man good luck with that.
did you buy the one with wires soldered already?
itsa very delicate process.
so far i replaced 2 of them and itsa pain in the ***.
you have to take apart the LCD completely to get to the bulb.

its on the bottom of the screen.

1make sure its the exact same size as the original bulb(measure them both after you got the original out)
2 make sure you are in a dust free area(the polarizing layers of the screen have alot of static when you pull them apart so they will suck in whatever dust you have in the air.
3 make sure not to bend the frame or any metal brackets otherwise you will have backlight leaks.
plug in the inverter and the screen and test it before you put everything together.

and BEFORE ALL THAT!!!!! make sure the toggle switch ( the LID CLOSE sensor) is working properly and not desoldered or broken pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom