Dell Inspiron 4150/Latitude C640 Battery won't charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvosder

Baseband Member
I have two batteries, both of which will charge in my inspiron 4000, but not in my inspiron 4150(in which i recently replaced the motherboard with one from a c640, they're identical). If i charge a battery in the 4000, I can use it in the 4150, and it will report the correct charge amount and everything, but when I plug in the AC adapter, it says "charging" but never actually charges the battery at all. The lights on the side of the computer for "on","battery",and "charge" don't function, i'm not sure if these ever functioned after my motherboard swap.

About a week ago the 4150 worked fine, i had bought a new battery off of ebay and when i put it in the 4150, it would charge but wouldn't read the percentage, it would flicker on and off between 'no battery' and 'charging'. I sent the battery back and he replaced it with one that works fine, but now my laptop isn't working.

HELP! i'm afraid that bad battery short circuit my charging system.

Thanks
-Matt

Well, you could check your powersupply, alot of the time when your battery isn't charging it's the problem of the powersupply. Check your line to see if there is a short in it or try another powersupply. If it's not the line/cord then you should check to make sure your laptop is getting in enough power to power in the first place.

It works like some replacement powersupplies for cameras, they do the job at 'powering' the camera but it won't give you enough juice to power it and then charge the battery, i'd assume it's either the line or the unit itself thats having some connection issues with actually pulling power and retaining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom