dell inspiron 2650 bios reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince2fun

Beta member
Hi I recently started fixing computers for peope in my local area and I was aske to bypass a bios password on a dell inspiron 2650. I figured that I would just remove the cmos battery and that would reset it no problem. well I lookd online for a guide to take it apart and did but the battery is soldered onto the motherboard. I have been looking around on sites and pre posted forums about what i need to do and many say to use a variety of "master passwords" none of those worked. other sites told me to use the jumpers on the motherboard to reset the bios password. I cannot find ANY jumpers on the motherboard at all. the only thing that looks at all helpfull is a small 20-pin black rectangular female connector on the underside of the motherboard right next to the (as labled) bios chip. it is also very close to the ram slot located under the same pannel.

can anyone explain what this is and if will be any help getting past the bios password?

How do I go about doing this?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey sup vince Im kinda in the same problem as you, if you can solder I would suggest taken the cmos battery out and re soldering it later.

thanks, did that work for you? i have been told that it may not even work..
i thought about that but i dont solder well so i decided not to go that route, is there any information anywhere about the weird female connector thing on the botom of the motherboard?

so i took the laptop apart again and removed the battery (un and re soldered it) this removed the bios password but not the lock on the hard drive. can anyone help me get the hdd lock password off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom