Dell Inspiron 1526 Power Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboc6830

Beta member
A few months back, I purchased my Dell computer and everything was working perfectly. After a couple of months, I plugged my computer in to charge the battery and received a message saying that my computer is plugged in, but it's no longer charging. I thought that it had something to do with the battery; maybe it died and I need a new one. I went along with it and purchased a new battery off of Amazon and inserted it into my computer where I still received the same message.

Since then, I basically have been using my laptop as a desktop, which is exactly what I don't want. I went to Best Buy to inquire about my problem and the guy told me that it's not an A/C adapter problem, but more so a problem on the inside. Does anyone have any potential fixes for this so I can make sure or know of how I, personally, could fix this problem? I really would like my battery to charge again so I can use my computer as a laptop and not a desktop. Thanks!

RMA it. Send it to Dell to be fixed. There's something between the A/V and battery that isn't right.

This sounds like an internal problem. Opening it up voids your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom