Dell Inspiron 1525 touch pad and keyboard freeze up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and have been experiencing some issues with the touch pad and keyboard freezing up. When the touch pad and keyboard freeze up I am still able to plug in a USB mouse and keyboard and they work fine. I read one article that said to add tape to the bottom of the ribbon cables from the touch pad and keyboard to make the connection tighter and that did not work. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like a dodgy connection. Might be just not catching the connectors. Did you notice any wear and tare on the cables' end?

No, no wear and tear on em. I tightened the connectors up also. Sometimes it will good for a hour, sometimes for 5 minutes.

It is also giving me boot problems. When I restart the computer or shut it off and turn it on, it goes to a black screen only. The only way to get it to boot up normal is to remove the battery and AC power, take out the memory, hold down the power button for 1 minute, put memory back in, connect AC power and then start it. Or...sometimes I just have to let it sit for 5 minutes before it will boot up. What is this all about?

P.S. This time when I started it up it said....Your system automatically powered off because it became warmer than expected. Error M1004. I am the one that powered it down though and the power supply fan runs periodically like it is supposed to.

Someone was saying on another forum that the power supplies on these 1525's build up static electricity or something. And that the bios needs to be flashed for the fan to run properly. I am not sure what to make of all this. My laptop curser gets slower and slower til it stops, and then it suddenly will go crazy and select everything, then die again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom