Dell Inspiron 1525: HELP! will not start- up! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via MSN to drougier
Default Re: Dell Inspiron 1525: HELP! will not start- up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee.star View Post
Can something be loose in there that's causing the problem because I kinda dropped it 2 day ago.. I don't have the disk to install Vista.. I guess i need to purchase one.
No, try to boot your notebook with the Recovery Agent, I can't remember the key combination for that but look in the manual (something like ALT+F10 or ESC during the boot screen...) and then yo can recover your operating system by default. Instead of that if you don't have the recovery partition in your laptop and you have a Microsoft Licence you can download the OS and install it with your licence, you don't need to purchase a new one...

Old 10-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Dell Inspiron 1525: HELP! will not start- up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drougier View Post
No, try to boot your notebook with the Recovery Agent, I can't remember the key combination for that but look in the manual (something like ALT+F10 or ESC during the boot screen...) and then yo can recover your operating system by default. Instead of that if you don't have the recovery partition in your laptop and you have a Microsoft Licence you can download the OS and install it with your licence, you don't need to purchase a new one...
Thanks for your help! I will try to do that first.

Closed Thread