Dell Inpiron 1545 Connect to Tv Sanyo Vizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabayfrye

Beta member
Hi there,
I am new to forums, but I have a question that I just can't figure out. I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1545 with a VGA port (but no S-Video port), and I want to connect it to my Sanyo Vizon. The TV has two HDMI hook-ups so I bought a VGA to HDMI connector cable and my computer will not read the TV. It continues to show a "no signal" message on the tv. Can anyone help me please?? Thanks!

A few things......

1. You might need to activate your external display via one of your ALT + Function Keys. Typically this is ALT + F5 on most laptops. However this has been know to vary between models and manufacturers.

2. You might need to configure your video card to use an external display.

Re: How do I connect my Dell Inpiron 1545 Connect to TV? Please Help

When you open up your display settings, I'm guessing the TV doesn't show up as a separate monitor. One thing to make sure of is that you hit the function key that switches the laptop into VGA mode; otherwise the signal won't even be pushed. Also, you might want to see if your graphic driver has an HD option. i.e. 420i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p

Re: How do I connect my Dell Inpiron 1545 Connect to TV? Please Help

have you set your laptop up to display to a second monitor?

Does your tv not have a vga in port on it?

EDIT: Please use 1 thread for each problem. I merged the threads so all the responses show up in this single thread. Thank You.

I tried Alt+ all the Function keys but can't find how to activate the external display?? I was under display settings and tried to "identify" the TV but nothing came up? I apriciate the help though! Thank you!

usually to activate the external display you hold a function key then look on the F keys along the top for an icon that looks like a computer screen either gray or just an outline. or sometimes its two computer screens, one greyed in the other with an outline next to each other.

but thats strange, should just switch automatically assuming the TV is setup properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom