dell 1545

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
could someone tell me where i could get drivers for xp for this laptop,i have been to dell website,and it only gives me the option for vista drivers,i hate vista,its so annoying and want to install xp on partition,thank you in advance

Many newer laptops are built for "vista only"

With that said it may be possible to find drivers for particular hardware devices from the parts manufacturer. It is generally a pain.

Why is it annoying? Just disable the UAC prompt and you won't get prompted for security anymore.

As Hef said most new laptops have only Vista hardware now. Hardware manf. are not going to develope old drivers for their products when the OS is going to be phased out by Vista and Windows7.

If you can't find anything on the manf. website you're probably stuck with Vista.

i disabled the uac and the computer kept crashing mate,so had to put it back on does vista ultimate prmpt you each time you goto do something,as i was going to install that,but if it does the same theres no point,thanks guys

All vista flavors do. Follow these steps to dissable the prompts:
-click control pannel
-administrative tools
-local security policy
-local policies
-security options
-scroll all the way down

Now you have a lot of UAC options here, but the ones you really want to disable so it doesn't prompt you are:
-User account control: run all admin in admin approval mode, disable this
-User account control: behavior of elevation prompt for admin, change that to elevate without prompting
-User account control: dectect application installation and prompt for elevation, disable this

That should stop all the prompts.

If you just reinstalled Vista Ultimate you can also activate the Administrator account and not have to worry about the UAC at all.

If you just reinstalled Vista Ultimate you can also activate the Administrator account and not have to worry about the UAC at all.
Still will get those UAC prompts for the Admin until you follow the above steps. Default is admin approval mode for admins with elevated prompt.

If you enable the hidden Admin account UAC is off be default. I know. I have done it on every install of Vista and Win7 now. UAC is disabled for prompts.

AdminUAC.png

Start>in the search box type secpol.msc for Ultimate users. Then go to that section. You will see that UAC Prompts for the Hidden Admin account are off by default as shown.

So you can enable the Hidden Admin account and never see a UAC Prompt.

i have disabled uac no problems so fae,except the warning notification that its turned off,i take it i will have to turn it back on again,to follow your steps guy's,as i dont see these options you's are talking about,i disabled it through msconfig then tools,to disable it,could you tell me how i stop the warnings,and if i have to turn it back on again,to follow your options as i dont see them.
thank you very much in advance

What are you trying to do? Enable the hidden Admin account or just disable UAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom