Dell 1525 sleeps when charger is plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLTurner

Beta member
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, it's about 2 years old now. It works fine on battery but as soon as I plug in the charger the screen goes off and it seems to go into sleep mode. If I boot it up with the charger plugged in there is no action on screen but the media lights flash as usual and it appears to power up for a while, then goes to sleep. Earlier when I powered it with the charger in I managed to get into the pre-boot system tests. After running the tests they reported that there was an error 2000-0236 with my LCD Inverter. However when I ran the tests off battery power, without the charger plugged in there was no problems or errors.
If someone could shed some light on this strange problem I'd be very grateful.
I Hope I've provided enough info.
Thanks
Josh

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, it's about 2 years old now. It works fine on battery but as soon as I plug in the charger the screen goes off and it seems to go into sleep mode. If I boot it up with the charger plugged in there is no action on screen but the media lights flash as usual and it appears to power up for a while, then goes to sleep. Earlier when I powered it with the charger in I managed to get into the pre-boot system tests. After running the tests they reported that there was an error 2000-0236 with my LCD Inverter. However when I ran the tests off battery power, without the charger plugged in there was no problems or errors.
If someone could shed some light on this strange problem I'd be very grateful.
I Hope I've provided enough info.
Thanks
Josh

Thanks. This problem seems to have sorted itself out.

My Dell Inspiron 1525 , the display was shutting off when plugged in , I fixed mine by going into power management to sleep mode and set the power to the display the same as if it were on battery and , yahoo...it works with the plug in now ........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom