Dell 1525 sleeps when charger is plugged in. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Dell 1525 sleeps when charger is plugged in.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, it's about 2 years old now. It works fine on battery but as soon as I plug in the charger the screen goes off and it seems to go into sleep mode. If I boot it up with the charger plugged in there is no action on screen but the media lights flash as usual and it appears to power up for a while, then goes to sleep. Earlier when I powered it with the charger in I managed to get into the pre-boot system tests. After running the tests they reported that there was an error 2000-0236 with my LCD Inverter. However when I ran the tests off battery power, without the charger plugged in there was no problems or errors.
If someone could shed some light on this strange problem I'd be very grateful.
I Hope I've provided enough info.
Thanks
Josh

Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Dell 1525 sleeps when charger is plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTurner View Post
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, it's about 2 years old now. It works fine on battery but as soon as I plug in the charger the screen goes off and it seems to go into sleep mode. If I boot it up with the charger plugged in there is no action on screen but the media lights flash as usual and it appears to power up for a while, then goes to sleep. Earlier when I powered it with the charger in I managed to get into the pre-boot system tests. After running the tests they reported that there was an error 2000-0236 with my LCD Inverter. However when I ran the tests off battery power, without the charger plugged in there was no problems or errors.
If someone could shed some light on this strange problem I'd be very grateful.
I Hope I've provided enough info.
Thanks
Josh
Thanks. This problem seems to have sorted itself out.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Dell 1525 sleeps when charger is plugged in.

My Dell Inspiron 1525 , the display was shutting off when plugged in , I fixed mine by going into power management to sleep mode and set the power to the display the same as if it were on battery and , yahoo...it works with the plug in now ........
Closed Thread