Damaged S/PDIF + headphone ,both in one single sound 3.5mm jack outport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

julio4818

Beta member
I have an ASUS N10JH-A1 netbook ( for ASUS is notebook) . Somehow the sound 3.55m jack port( spdif + headphone) got damaged. Now I am trying to redirect sound to an USB port. I have played with the Regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET/CONTROL/CLASS/4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE1038\0000/SETTINGS.
The problem is dont know what the next step to redirect all RealTek Sound signal to USB Port.
Please any on have idea how to do this.
Thanks a lot.
JULIO4818.

Do not mess with registry unless you are 100% sure what you are doing. Call up ASUS for an RMA. They have great support.

Please do not write in caps, we'll get to your problem when we can. Yelling won't make it faster.

Thank you for you super fast answer. Sorry for the caps. I used it for the regedit and forgot I was using it. By the way I don't trust ASUS, they have been so negative in all the questions I sent them that for the moment I am trying other technical sources.
Again,Thanks.
julio4818

Sorry you had a bad experience. I never ask them questions, I just send in a RMA form, I ship it to them, they send the same refurbished or new product back. Split splat.

Yes , think you are correct, they asked me to send the PC , outside guaranty, although my machine is cover by a 2 year guaranty that will end this coming September. The problem is that I bought the computer in NY. but for the moment I am working in Ecuador, South America and it is kind of a problem to send it back to the States.Any way I asked them if I can buy the outport sound jack and do the soldering work myself but they answer was negative. By the way any idea where I can buy this kind of jack ( spdif + headphone, ASUS compatible) on line?
Thank You,
julio4818.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom