Customizing a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicola

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to laptops and customizing. I don't know hardly anything about specific system specs. I'm looking to spend between 900-1200 dollars on a computer for myself that would run programs such as WoW and Photoshop fairly easy, at least better than what I'm using right now.

I'm mainly looking for anyone to help me by telling me where I could go, (using a site, a store) for the best values, and what kind of specs I should shoot for. Storage isn't that important, having 60~100GB of storage is plenty for me. Could anybody help?

If you want to run WOW and Photoshop with relative ease, just make sure that it has dedicated video memory and not integrated. Go with at least 2 gb of ram, try and go with something with a Core2Duo as well. Hope that helps.

Hi, I'm new to laptops and customizing. I don't know hardly anything about specific system specs. I'm looking to spend between 900-1200 dollars on a computer for myself that would run programs such as WoW and Photoshop fairly easy, at least better than what I'm using right now.

I'm mainly looking for anyone to help me by telling me where I could go, (using a site, a store) for the best values, and what kind of specs I should shoot for. Storage isn't that important, having 60~100GB of storage is plenty for me. Could anybody help?

It all depends:

What screen size do you prefer?
Widescreen or standard?
Resolution?
Will you be mobile a lot or will this be on your desk?
How many hours of battery life do you need?
Do you prefer matte or shiny screens?
Are looks/styling very important to you?
What kind of optical drive do you need?
How important is build quality and durability to you?
When and where (country) do you plan to make the purchase?
Do you need to see the laptop in person, or are you ok with online orders?

Do you go to a university? If so, you can get special discount through Dell. I got mine through my university promotion and saved over $300 for the Inspiron 1420 I got.

In general, Dell is still cheaper than their competition even if you are a regular consumer. Check out their Latitude, Inspiron, and XPS line. Their new Vostros line sucks because it's a stripped down Inspiron. No media card readers.

Heres a good choice. It will run WOW, photoshop no problem. Very affordable. It includes a core 2 duo processor so it can handle running multiple programs at once with little to no slowing down. Only thing I would do is get windows media center edition vs vista. Vista still has a lot of program compatability issues and media center is tried and true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom