Custom Building laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakaa

Solid State Member
Do you think that custom building laptops will ever become a reality? Years ago custom building your own computer wouldn't be possible, so do you ever think that we will be able to order our own parts(cases, keyboards, lights and all other hardware) and put it together for a reasonable price?

Actually, building your own computer has been around since the beginning. There are also custom laptops, but buying a premade one is easier.

Actually, building your own computer has been around since the beginning. There are also custom laptops, but buying a premade one is easier.
I meant for a reasonable price, 20 or so years ago when I got my first computer building your own would cost *alot* more than just ordering one.
And I was talking along the lines of there being sites like newegg just for laptops.. Custom cases and so on. I'm sure somewhere there's website for custom cases but most cases that you'd buy are just dell, hp, gateway, acer, Falcon NW, Alienware cases.

As mentioned, laptops can be custom made today, but the cost is prohibitive. Perhaps in the future things may change, but who is to say when it will 'mainstream' to build a laptop? I am doubtful that we will see custom laptops being a 'reasonable price' in the future....

Custom building a decent gaming laptop isn't prohibitively expensive. Trouble is, unless you're buying the chassis unit (case, screen, mobo, gpu unit) basically direct, it's about the same price or a less to just order one, so it generally doesn't pay unless you're well connected. If you want to check it out just look at Asus and MSI's websites, they make barebones notebooks and they'll give you the specs, instructions, and drivers, and link you to resellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom