Re: Custom building laptop... what wxga or wsxga?
I do want to say Ive custom built a laptop.
This is what Ive got so far from xoticpc:
1x Compal IFL90 Barebone System
- Display: 15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) "Matte" Display w/PCI-e nVIDIA GeForce Go 8600GT 512MB Video Card
- Intel® Robson Turbo Memory: 1GB Intel® Robson Turbo Memory (Vista Only)
- Optical Drive: - Combo 8X DVD/24x10x24 CD-RW w/Softwares
- Memory Card Reader: Internal 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO)
- Camera: Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- Wireless Network: Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
- Battery: Smart Li-ion Battery (6-Cell) - **Standard w/ WXGA & WXGA+ Screen Only**
- Fingerprint Reader: Integrated Fingerprint Reader
- Warranty: 3 Year Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support (Extra 2 Year Labor Warranty through Xotic PC)
- Assembly: Leave the system as parts and I will assemble $989.00
- Nvidia geforce 8600m gt w/512mb
Then I would order a santa rosa Core 2 Duo t7500 2.2ghz, 160gb WD scorpio, 2gb of ddr2, and vista home premium 32bit from newegg.
Grand total is $1550
I couldn't find a retail laptop for that price anywhere. However If anyone knows where I can get a retail laptop with the same parts for a cheaper price, please let me know.
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCENT, Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching