A cupple of Questions about Laptops on the whole.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I have been recently taking apart a load of Laptops. I have been personally Buying and stripping down Laptops for their parts. What has lead me to become curious about several thing about the Laptop as a Topic of subject in it self. Hence one or two questions.

Does anyone know if the Laptop as in just the computer it self. Not a specific model or brand but just the Laptop it self have any major difference between them. I have stripped down about 4 Dozen over the last good few month. They all seem pretty generic in overall design.

I know the actual parts of the laptops varies such as the chip set, CPU and various other things with in the over all build of the device it self but does anyone know if their is a Generic Screen form factor. The screens differ in size but when taking down the plastics the actual screens are all the same from what I can tell.

Does anyone know if Laptop parts are worth much. I hope its O.K asking this as I know this is not a price runner forum but how much is the actual parts of a Laptop worth in second had Value.

And finally how do you scrap the Parts of a Laptop or System for the precious metals. I'm curious to know if you would need some sort of Grinder or actual machine to crush the parts and grind them down with a magnet of some sort for the likes of the Gold.

Yes they're very similar. Rarely does a company feel the need to go out and design a part 100% entirely from scratch. It's why you'll notice things like monitor power circuits, sometimes down to the tiniest details like placement of tiny capacitors, look pretty much identical.

As for what the laptop parts are worth, depends on their age & how popular the laptop is (i.e. if you'll even be able to find someone who needs/wants a replacement fan or what have you)

Scrapping parts these days is pretty much not worth the effort. They used to use far more gold in the circuitry in ye olden days. Here's a tutorial though: Gold Recovery

Back
Top Bottom