Cpu support HP DV6500 Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL_NESS

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i've had this laptop for quite a while now and i want to upgrade it a little, but i can't seem to find any technical specs for it. I want to know what cpu speed i can run, what fsb it supports and ram speed support. At the moment it has a Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 running @1.66ghz its fsb speed is 667mhz and ram is 2gb 667. The exact model is DV6528TX . I just want to know if this laptop could support 800mhz fsb cpu and ram speed. I've did a little research and the cpu appears to be a socket P. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

You'll need to google around... while theoretically it might, the power might not be up to the job, or the cooling setup might not either.

I did a bit f research on my asus 8930 to see if a quad would fit, they sell one with it, but to do it, it involves a whole bnunch of minor modes too.

g/l.

We both verified that we looked hard and good. Unless you can find something, we are empty handed. Give us a penny!

If you're trying to overclock it you can't, HP's BIOS is locked down and you can't overclock with it. I don't think the CPU can change FSB, rather the FSB determines the CPU's clock. You can certainly upgrade the CPU but it is probably difficult to open the PC (I took apart my dv9000 and it took forever and came into a huge pile of parts, a mess to put back together).

As long as you get the same socket CPU it should work. PC Wizard, CPUID, and some other programs can tell you your CPU socket if you don't know. Just don't plan on changing FSB settings, about the only upgrade room you'll get is a CPU with a better multiplier.

Thanks mate, that made sense, i think another cpu should work, i didn't want to over clock it in the first place, i wonder if a 2.2ghz model would work with 800fsb and 4mb cache. Mine only has 2mb cache and if it was to work it would make it perform alot better surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom