CPU and Motherboard Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

funker530

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I have a toshiba p305d-s8829 that came with a amd turion rm-70 processor. Im not 100% sure what make the motherboard is but I am wondering if an amd turion tl-62 would work in the same socket. The chip does fit and locks in properly.

I am trying to diagnose weather or not the issue is with the motherboard or the CPU and I want to make sure im not diagnosing with an incompatible processor.

Now besides that maybe someone can figure this one out for me. The laptop does not boot. It powers on to a black screen and sits there forever. So i tried replacing the processor after trying everything else hardware related and I'm not sure if the processor was compatible or not because I did get a slightly different error. The system turned on and then back off right away. Now for the weird part. When I put the old processor back in IT FIRED UP!. It ran for 3 hours perfect and then went back to its original black screen before boot. So I tried the exact same method again and it fired up after swapping the cpu and then back to the original. Now that method no longer works.

Sorry for the novel but ANY help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

I'd say the board also. I think what you are seeing is the CPU socket is not fully grounded or something to the matter. So you get short outs. Only thing that fixes it is to pull the CPU out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom