Corrupted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampyric_blood

Baseband Member
First it started as that windows wouldnt boot anymore. So i know i must reinstall windows. but im trying to save all of the files that i cant ever get back if i lose them now. I tried recoving them from a live disk of ubuntu but it didnt work. Now i tried putting the laptop hard drive in an external enclosure and now the other computer is saying it maybe corrupted and i can access the drive but it doesnt show any of the files on it, the recovery partition seems to work fine though, anyone have anymore ideas?? thanks.

Putting the drive in an external enclosure was a good idea. Don't use any disk checking utilities that will write to the disk before you recovery your files or you'll risk losing them. Partition recovery software software should be safe to use. If the partition can be recovered you should be able to see your files.

I found this freeware. I've never used it before, so hopefully it will work. You'll need to figure out what caused this to happen, because it can happen again. It could have been a virus or the drive is going bad.

TestDisk - CGSecurity

Thanks for all the help. that program worked great and was able to recover everything that was needed once i was able to figure out how to use it, ill always keep a copy of it now.

_Owner of hard drive_ - Thank you SOOOO much!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom