Connect laptop to hdtv

Status
Not open for further replies.

stgeorgemoms

Beta member
Hi, I have a Compaq CQ60-615DX and I want to get rid of my cable co. to watch tv on the 47" thru Net-Flix etc. I realize now that it is not that simple.I have a VGA port but no hdmi on the laptop,but ther is on the hd tv.So I ordered the HDMI cord from amazon, also what I thought was the right connector and I see now it is wrong.So what actually do I need and also will I need something for sound? My tv is hooked up to surround sound(don't know if that matters)Also,someone else has a Dell Ispiron 1545 and they are hoping to have me do theirs if I ever get this figured out .Hope to get some answers- thanks

Umm... if there's no HDMI output from your laptop, you would need an HDMI to DV converter which would transfer only the video... you would also need to get audio output cables to plug into your laptop's sound output jack and your TV's sound input jack. If you need some more help, I can give you a little guidance, but a little search on Google should help solve your problem :)!

I have a simple laptop that I hook up sometimes to my TV. I have it connected via VGA cable for video and my audio runs from my laptop to my receiver via a simple converter to simulate 5.1 sound. It's the TV resolution that might be an issue if you have an older laptop that cannot handle the newer (higher) res's.

PC Audio Cable - Pro 3.5mm to 2 RCA - 24ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom