Computer is slow

bryan123

Beta member
Hey all i have an acer laptop running windows 7 home premium... and its starting to slow down a bit.. i dont think its a virus because i did a scan with Mcafee and didnt find anything...

Heres what i did so far:

Virus scan
Spyware Scan (i think i did one)
Uninstall junk programs
Check disk for errors......

What is bothering me tho is when i open a program and then it opens but then it doesnt response for like 30 secs..... on and off sometimes...

What else can i do?

Run a proper virus scan. Ditch McAfee and grab the free version of Avast. Then run Malwarebytes. If you haven't had a fresh format in a while you could have a very "dirty" install.

if there enough free space in your system partition? if your system partition is in low disk space, your computer will be slow. in this situation, you can use disk management to extend partition. but if there is no unallocated space contiguous to the system partition, the extend volume will gray out and you can't allowed to extend system partition. at this moment, i suggest you use aomei partition assistant to avoid the problem in disk management.
more information for resize partition

@bryan123
I think your computer have lot of startup programs..
So you have to remove that proram.
1)Goto Start Menu.
2)Open System Configuration window.
3)Disable program what do not you want.
Check this you can do it step by step
How To Speed Up Your Computer Using 5 Tips ~ Tech Com
I think the main reason is that you do have a lot of startup and your computer disc can be overwhelmed with unnecessary programs, I recommend you to ask for professional to help or very soon you will have to re install your windows

Idk why people bother using Mcafee and Norton,
Get avast and malwarebytes, the free versions should be plenty good.
Clean up your start up items like mentioned above by going into msconfig. You don't need anything else apart from anti virus.
Run CCleaner,
goto cmd and run chkdsk/ r to make sure you don't have any hdd isues
then run a defrag
If you here any clicking noises from your hdd, it could be or probably is on its way out

You need to run Avast, then malwarebytes, then combofix. Also you can try downloading Norton Power Eraser which got rid of the FBI virus on my machine. That may not catch anything. Run a burn-in-test for your hardware using pc-check, and see if hardware failure is happening. After all that if you suspect a virus you can go to CMD and type netstat -ano and see what processes and IP's are establishing connection to your computer such as a backdoor virus. After you do that command open task manager and go to view and show processes in task manager to match which process is establishing connection to your machine. If none, or if all programs look legit just add RAM. Also bad power supplies can cause odd computer behavior such as hanging, or freezing.

download and run Ccleaner its vgood at cleaning PCs, there is another program but I am at work now and cant remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom