Computer for personal and business

kc0039

Beta member
Hello, what do you guys think of this computer? It's not for me, it's for my boss. He's looking into it as to where he can use it for at least 5 years. Also, this computer is for personal and business. No games, but maybe videos and movies. Is this good enough for this price?

*BASE_PRICE: [+1289]
ADAPTER: Full Range AC adapter 180W, AC in 100~240V ~ 2.5A 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 9.5A
BAGS: None
BATTERY: 6-Cells Lithium-Ion battery pack 11.1Vdc 4400mAh 49Wh
BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth
CABLE: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Mobile Processor 2.50GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.50 GHz
DOCKINGSTATION: None
FLASHMEDIA: Built-In 9in1 Media Reader
FREEBIE_TB: None
HDD: 2TB SAMSUNG M9T 5400RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive [+91]
HDMI: Built-in HDMI Port
HEADSET: None
HS_HANGER: None
KEYBOARD: Built-in Full Size Keyboard w/ Red Backlight
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory [+106] (G.Skill)
MONITOR: None
MOPAD: None
MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipset Mainboard
MOUSE: Built In Multi-Touch Touch Pad
MSSDx1: 64GB ADATA SP310 mSATA 6GB/s SSD - 410MB/s Read & 180MB/s Write (Single Drive)
NETWORK: Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Card
NOTEBOOK: CYBERPOWERPC Raven X6 15.6" 1920x1080p IPS LED-Backlit Display w/ White backlit performance keyboard w/ macro keys, Built-in HD webcam, HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter
NOTEBOOK_COVER: RAVEN X6 Cover
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional [+31] (64-bit Edition)
RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 8 Business Day
SERVICE: STANDARD 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: Supreme HD Audio w/ THX True Studio Pro Technology
SPEAKERS: Premium Stereo Speaker System
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in 2x USB2.0 Ports + 3x USB3.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
VIDEO: Built-in NVIDIA GTX 860M 4GB PCIe Video (NB-RAV-101)
VIDEOCAMERA1: Built-in HD Webcam [+0]
WNC: Standard AW (WLAN802.11a/b/g/n + Bluetooth4.0) Wireless Combo Card Module (Included)
_PRICE: (+1517)

I fully believe that this could last for at least 5 years. It should run very well for business and personal. And if you mean playing videos, or streaming videos, this will do that with no issue.

In Fact the graphics doesn't even have to be that high at all for what you want to do.

Your boss should be happy with this setup. What kind of Business is it?

It's a car business. He's just worried that it's not a name brand as to where he can just go to best buy and get it fixed. That's what he is worried about.

I'm sorry. it's for the car business. He's going to use it to buy cars from auction, maybe use word and excel, save TONS and TONS of pictures, videos here and there.

Best Buy will only attempt to sell you a new one after the first year or quote you an estimate to repair so high that you'll think you'll need a new one

Right. So, now my question is, is this computer good for at least 5 years and will do great for personal and business use. He's worried because it's not name brand.

I like non-named brands. These are "custom" built computers. They are usually customized for high performance, or low depending on what components you choose. But this computer should easily last 5 years. Especially if you just keep it updated and clean regularly. I've had a system somewhat similar to this. If you look in my profile and see my machine specs, you'll see that I have older components but same deal with i7, 16GB ram, and I have a 1GB graphics card GDDR5. Mine has lasted over 3 years now and it's still screaming fast and I usually run a lot of applications at once and usually never get even a lag.

I'd say you should be just fine with this setup

Looks like a good choice. Since it's for business you could get customized apps and branding on it to personalize it for your boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom