1. Make a recovery disk - Laptop or desktop computers needs general software backup. In the event of virus infection or crash-down, there is always a back up on hand which can be software saved in DVD optical disc or hard disc. Manufacturers recommend saving one just right after the first usage.
2. Update anti virus - You can purchase or download free anti virus online. Updating anti virus requires downloading virus definitions online which can last for days, weeks or months.
3. Keep computer exhaust port free of dust. Use compressed can air blower to remove dust inside fan and ports.
4. Avoid removing warranty tags and entrust computer repairs and data recovery to professionals
5. Defrag - Run defrag software to organize computer files every week or monthly depending on computer usage[