Compaq Presario R3000 Charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
This problem has been a problem with many HP and Compaq laptops, the charger slowly stops working and becomes useless. This is what has happened to one of my HP laptops and now to my Compaq laptop. The charger port (the external charger is fine) has become lose and doesn't charge. Has anyone had this problem before and managed to fix it? or does anyone know how to fix it.

All help is greatly appreciated.

What this means is the jack connector inside the PC has come loose from the circuit board. If you use it a lot, the solder can break and lose connection. It should be a pretty simple fix, though. Open up your laptop, take out the motherboard, find the connector, and touch the solder connections to the port with a soldering iron to reflow the connections. Test it before you put it back together.

Why not just solder the old one back on? Even with a new one you would have to solder it to the same spot.

Ah, so...that's different lol. I would go to RadioShack with your charger. They can find what size the plug on it is. If they sell jacks, make sure it has the same configuration as your board. Best thing to do is look online for your laptop model and see where you can buy the part. If all else, and you don't mind it looking a bit odd, you can replace both ends (the motherboard connector and the charger plug) with different matching ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom