compaq f700 wifi question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersspot.com

Baseband Member
I have an f700 in my store with wifi issues, no wifi. I tried everything, including another mini pci card. it came down to a last resort to format it and wallah, it worked. I finished installing drivers and it quit working after a restart. formatted again and it's working.

I know these are notorious for wifi issues, I was just wondering if anybody else had this issue and figured it out. if not, I'll install updates 1 at a time and figure out which one is causing the issue and post it on here.

Please save me this step and tell me it's something totally different or which update.

Well the simple solution is that the drivers are the issues. The ones your installing after you reinstall Windows. You said it yourself, if works after a format but not after you install the drivers. So that means that the drivers are the issue and you should use the default Windows ones.

Or are you saying that your installing all the Windows Updates at once and one of them is causing this? Cause there is a major difference between Windows Updates and Drivers.

Yes, just the windows updates. I install windows, a good copy, the wifi driver then windows updates, reset then no wifi. even reinstalling the wifi driver, I don't get anything. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom