Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueCause

Beta member
I was wanting to get a laptop with this huge bonus I'm recieving from the military. I don't know a thing about building from the ground up but would like to build my laptop rather than just buy one. I've looked at your stickies here but they seem to be for desktops.

I will be using it for basically everything and would like to not need a desktop because my possible laptop would be so rockin. I'm not the kind of person that just wants you to tell me what I should get and I put it together and thats that. I want to learn about what is good, what isn't and really get into the process of building this.

Also, I was wondering if I should even bother with a high end laptop and build a desktop instead... Any help here??

There are only a couple of sites that will actually let you "build" a laptop. 95% of the time it is just like going to Dell and just choosing your parts. The other 5% are those couple of places that actually let you buy stuff and jsut get a core for a laptop and build it up.

So if you really want power, a desktop would be better. The CPU's in a desktop can be more powerful since they dont have to worry about heat as much. Since there is better cooling available for a desktop. Not to mention graphics. You can get a much better setup for graphics cards with a desktop with the possibility of SLi'ing top end cards over the SLi offers for laptops.

So really it all depends on what you plan on doing with the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom