Cleaning Laptop Internally...Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone!

When it comes to my laptop I take good care of it overall except I have a few animals in the house (2 dogs & 3 cats LOL) so dust and dander builds up fairly easily. I was wondering if there are any easy ways to go about cleaning out the inside of a laptop? Possibly without opening it up? If I need to open it up I don't think it'd be too much of a problem for me but I just wouldn't be 100% comfortable yet I wasn't comfortable building my first desktop and ended up doing a good job after some troubleshooting. Are there are good external tools that could help clean the laptop internally?

One other question. It happens rarely but everyone once in a while my computer will just freak out/crash. The screen goes completely black and it starts to make a very annoying buzzing noise. The only way for me to fix this is to hold the power button down to shut it down that way. When I turn it back on it seems to work just fine. It also seems to happen the most while watching some kind of video files. Any ideas?

Almost forgot my laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad (3241?). I believe that is the model number I am on my desktop right now not near my laptop. I will change that if it is something different.

Thanks in advance everyone! All your input is greatly appreciated!

It would be enough to get under the keyboard, and blast out the dust with compressed air. Otherwise you can just use air to blast the dust from the vents on the outside of your laptop.

Buzzing could be your CPU fan. The CPU fan could be running slower due to wear or dust, therefore heating up the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom