Circuit City says 319mb shared memory. But my graphics card says... 831mb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422. It came preloaded with 1gb of RAM. I just upgraded to a single stick of 2gb of RAM. I was browsing around trying to figure out how to enable the widgets for Vista, you know, the clock, system monitor, etc. In doing so, I found myself in the advanced section of my display sections. It reads...

Chip Type - ATI Radeon Graphics Processor
DAC Type - Internal DAC (400mhz)
Adapter String: ATI Radeon X1200
Bios Information RS690

Total Available Graphics Memory - 831mb
Dedicated Video Memory - 128mb
System Video Memory - 0mb
Shared System Memory - 703mb

Why is it saying 831mb? I thought the max was 319mb...

Copied from CircuitCity.com:
Graphics and sound
Screen size (diagonal) ? 15.4"
Maximum screen resolution 1280 x 800
Video memory 319MB
Video memory type Shared

ANOTHER QUESTION OFF TOPIC:
I just installed a new 2gb single stick of RAM. Before, I had 2 sticks of 512mb. I put the stick in 1 slot, BIOS recognized it, but Vista wouldn't boot on it. I moved it to the other slot, BIOS recognized it, and Vista booted. Is there a "primary" slot that I wasn't aware of?

Yes I think its a primary slot on a laptop with a secondary slot for upgrades.

As for the vid card issue is this before or after the advice i gave you in the other thread.

I didn't change anything, no settings or anything. I did a fresh install on friday and only now I got around to fully settings it up, hence why my widgets was on the to do list. I worked all weekend so the thing wasn't even booted up at all this weekend.

And like I said, I was browsing around unsure of where the widgets were, and bam... 831mb? Figured I'd post about it since it kinda confused me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom