Chromebooks - Pros and Cons

JennD99

Beta member
I work for a special education co-op. We are considering replacing some of our staff laptops with Chromebooks. Students might also use them with supervision. I'm wondering what challenges others have seen with doing away with laptops, pros, cons, common issues and what software you use to manage the Chromebooks. Thanks for any feedback.

Hello,

I am a tech assistant at an R-1 school district. We took the move to chromebooks in 2014. Started with the teachers then moved to the students. We now have over 800 chromebook devices and all students and teachers are using them in their classrooms. The only issues we have had in the in this transition is the domain that you want to use an enterprise enrollment. Just make sure that domain you want is the one you want to stick with. Moving to another domain is not fun. And with education you get to have the whole Google for Education for free. To do assignments and everything you can either do them in google docs or you can also sign up for Microsoft for Education for free as well and use their cloud office 365 and have word and excel and powerpoint available on the chromebooks.

Last edited:
The software you use to manage the chromebooks are all in the control panel when you sign up for Google for Education. It lets you add the chomebooks and manage them to what user in groups like in a domain on active directory.

Back
Top Bottom