Charger problem

frostdon

Beta member
I used my laptop just earlier this day and my battery was not charged at all, it was running on AC. My friend accidentaly stepped on cable and shuted it down. Now this is not first time it happens, but this time my laptop wont turn up.. So i tried many tips from other forums and none worked. I have Dell Inspirion 6400, yeah I know it's old but I don't have any money currently to buy new one.. I tried removing battery and reseting laptop, also tried running only on AC but it doesn't work, however it works when I use the battery. I though my motherboard was dead but it works fine. I have also tried my charger on other laptops (i have universal one) it works perfectly fine. So i don't understand whats wrong with i, could it be the connection jack for AC on motherboard? Thanks for reading this. :neutral:

I would lean towards the AC jack on the laptop. When you plug the charger in your laptop, does it wiggle around a bit or feel loose?

I would see if your laptop has an AC jack that's a separate module from the motherboard, or is integrated on the motherboard. If it's a separate module, just buy one, tear open the laptop, and replace it. If it's one that's integrated on the board, then you'd either need to solder it, or go to a place that would solder it back on for you.

No the charger is not loose. I have dissambled it, the AC jack is onboard so I'll have to solder it.. Thanks at least I know what to do now :) P.S. I'm sorry for my English I'm not from English speaking country..

Back
Top Bottom