Hello,

I have an Asus x83v

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400
4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
320GB 5,400rpm
Intel GM45 Express
1GB Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS
Windows Vista Premium 64-bit

I am trying to find a car charger for it. So far the one I used doesn't seem to have enough power to run it correctly. It will run for a while (maybe 30-45min) then the auto-shut off would stop it. Here's a link to the one I'm using now:

Amazon.com: Black & Decker PI200AB 200 Watt Power Inverter: Home Improvement

I want to know what would be a good car charger for a gaming laptop. I'm in a van for most of my day and my laptop will only get a little less than 2 hours on a battery charge. I've seen the ones that can charge refrigerators, but those require direct battery hook up. I still need to put it in the cigarette lighter.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I got a 300 Watt one. Most i used it for is to charge up my laptop on my way to work if I forgot to charge up the night before.

what I found with using an inverter is it puts a drain on the actual car battery. Make sure to keep yout terminals clean and tight at the car battery. Also make sure your car battery is in good shape. With engine off, turn on the headlights on highbeeam the battery should not go below 10volts after 3 minutes. If using a high wattage inverter connect to a main or directly to the battery, with a fuse on the plus side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom