Can't seem to find the perfect laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the biggest screen that I can get (as I still own an Acer with a 20" screen the Aspire 9810).
I didn't know 20" laptops existed o_O How much does that thing weigh?!

They don't exist anymore but you could find some on Ebay.

Well the screen is like 3" thick. The total weight is around 17 pounds. Yes Acer, Dell and Eurocomm & HP all made 20.1" screens on laptops. That was before the wide screens format hit so you have much more screen real estate then even the 18.4 " wide screens of today. The battery life was around 1.5 hours but it is plugged in now.

do a google search on Acer 9810 and you'll see the beast.

There is no perfect laptop. What people need to do is analyze their needs and buy the best (cheapest) that meets those needs. The reason why there is now perfect laptop is because there are few companies that make the components and so many brands share the same components. The brand name companies (Dell, Hp and Apple - OEMS') design the laptop but it's made inn taiwan by the ODM's (examples Quanta and Compal). The laptops with the most power run hot, have shorter battery life and most likely won't last as long. The lower priced laptops that do internet, spreadsheet and no gaming will not be as powerfull but will have 5 and 6 hour battery life. Think about it the more power the more it drains a battery. We do have 6, 8, 9 and 12 cells batteries which help a bit but people don't usually don't get a choice oof batteries. HP does have 12 cell batteries you can order to fit certain models as an addon.

Please edit, mate. ;)

You have to outweigh the good and bad vs performance. Midrange, around $700-1000 are the best of both worlds.

There are also external batteries that you can use. These are normally universal.

I remember looking at external batteries at one time. I had a Sager laptop and was never sure if they had the right plug for my model. Typically you have to check your model number compatibilty list. Power connectors aren't as universal as they should be.

They have different models for different power consumptions and plug sizes. As you said, you just need to look at the compatibility list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom