Cant load XP on vista laptop??? Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmhotness

Baseband Member
Just bought a toshiba a215-s4817 with Vista. My friends dad said he could load XP on it because I hate vista...anyways I dropped it off at his house and he told my friend that he cannot load xp on it because its only made for vista? This seems odd to me, thoughts?

If this is not true, how do I load xp on here? Do I need to uninstall vista first or something?
thanks
-nick

Ok, so is there anyway he could be right? How do I format with vista? And after I do, then what, just enter xp disc and go?
-nick

Ok, so is there anyway he could be right? How do I format with vista? And after I do, then what, just enter xp disc and go?
-nick

assuming that u have an XP disk ready to go, have insert it into ur CD drive, make sure the PC reads from the CD, then install it on the HD, it will notice there was another Windows OS there, and it will ask u to format, so hit format, let it do its thing, and it'll start installing XP

You'll need to make sure Toshiba has XP drivers for that model. They might havem, they might not. That's the only thing that would make a laptop "vista only".

You'll need to make sure Toshiba has XP drivers for that model. They might havem, they might not. That's the only thing that would make a laptop "vista only".

This is what I just did. I was looking at purchasing an HP but I haven't found out if there are XP drivers available. I looked at the HP site but it only has 3 drivers (touchpad, launch buttons, wireless assistant, and light-scribe host software) could it be that XP has the rest of the drivers built in? I doubt this but I'm just hoping.

The laptop was the dv9548us, incase anyone else want's to check it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom