can't connect to wireless with laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
Hey all, I bought a laptop a couple weeks ago, and when I first brought it home I tried connecting to my wireless at home. It kept telling me that I was connected, but with no internet. I thought this was a little strange, seeing as my brothers PC was connected just fine. I went ahead and disconnected my modem from power to reset it. Did not change anything, I tried a couple times, but nothing.

I gave up, and just plugged it straight into my modem, because I wanted to get all the updates, and everything set up the way I wanted before I left for my trip in a couple days. On my little vacation I had no problem connecting to the wireless at the bed and breakfast I stayed at for the first couple nights, as well as, no problems at my sisters, and as well, my other sisters. So I kinda figured maybe something got resolved.

When I got home again, same thing, connected with no internet. I started playing around some more, seeing if the laptop could find the problem and fix it. Now this is where I really need help, it asked me something at one point, so I click something else thinking I would try that. now all I get is a little multi pointed star over time of my wireless status bar, and now I'm totally stuck. I know I changed something, which I should not have, but I don't know how to get back to where I changed it, or how to reset it?

Help please......:cute:
thanks

Update: a little more info, looking in Network and Sharing Center there is an X between my laptop and internet
19540820.png

89af9b19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom