Cant Change Boot Device/Order On Laptop

zaka100

W͂Oͨ̍̍̒̈́͛̕
Hey guys, I'm back on my old toshiba tecra m9 that I hardly use. I want it to dual boot w10 with ubuntu. But, if u remember from like a year ago when I had those graphics problems, what I did was that I just installed another motherboard that had a working gpu. However, this motherboard had a messed up bios where all the bios shortcuts were gone and almost all the settings in the bios setup were gone. The first time I installed my motherboard it said something about my cmos, does that affect my bios settings or just does it keep time.

I cant choose my boot device/boot order. What I do now for installing an os is to take out my hdd and put it in my other laptop and install it from there :silly:. Is there a fix/work around???

CMOS = BIOS settings.

Can you reset to default BIOS settings? What about flashing a new/updated BIOS if one is available?

Chances are the cmos chip is soldered on the board, but there's a chance that it might be removable. If it is, there's places where you can just get a new cmos chip
Badflash Bad Flash

First you should confirm the model and revision number of your board to see if you are getting the right file when you attempt to flash the bios. You stated that you replaced the board so the model/serial number on the laptop ID tag might not be for that board, or there is a different revision of the board from the original board

Last edited:
Chances are the cmos chip is soldered on the board, but there's a chance that it might be removable. If it is, there's places where you can just get a new cmos chip
Badflash Bad Flash

First you should confirm the model and revision number of your board to see if you are getting the right file when you attempt to flash the bios. You stated that you replaced the board so the model/serial number on the laptop ID tag might not be for that board, or there is a different revision of the board from the original board

Both boards are the same model, tecra m9 PTM91E. the cmos is replaceable. I tried flashing the bios on my old board but same error.

Both boards are the same model, tecra m9 PTM91E
That's the part number printed/sticker'd on the motherboard itself? usually behind the memory modules on the inside....not the ID tag on the back side of the laptop

Back
Top Bottom