Cant access BIOS?

gente100

Beta member
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.
so I have a hp pavilion g6 laptop. im trying to disable the fn key. right now if I just press the f keys without holding down the fn key, the f keys do some laptop settings like sound,brightness, etc. im trying to make it so I can press the f keys without the fn keys like a regular computer. I want to use the f keys for controls on a game. I tried to do some research but haven't found anything that solves it. I saw where some people fixed it by pressing f10 right after turning on the laptop, I tried that. I got to a blank black screen that said f10...BIOS setup options in the lower left corner. I pressed f10 again, and it doesn't do anything. nothing I tried pressing did anything, it just seemed like it was frozen. so I turned the power button off and on and tried again, same thing happened. does anyone know how I can get into the BIOS to disable the fn key? Also I just got this laptop a few weeks ago. The guy said it had been returned after brief use and the tech guys at best buy tested all of it and made sure its good as new. So basically, I get to the part where it says f10... BIOS setup options, but when I press f10 nothing happens. If anyone can try to help find a solution I would really appreciate it, thanks

Back
Top Bottom