Cannot identify port

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalrusKing

Beta member
Hello!

I'm currently trying to get a TV tuner working for my HP pavilion dv7 laptop. An old Sony Vaio laptop I have came with a TV tuner that could be swapped out with its CD drive. I'm trying to find a way to use the Vaio tv tuner on my HP laptop. The tuner simply slid into the CD drive bay of the vaio, and since nothing similar is in my HP's hardware, I've been looking for a USB adapter. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out what kind I need. The tv tuner's port doesn't look like the IDE or SATA ports I've been looking at, and I cant seem to find clarification in any of my searches on the tuner. The tuner model is VGP-UTVAX1 and the port looks like the image below. I'm leaving the country in a week and a half to live in England for a few months, and it would be great to get this working as soon as possible. Thanks for anyone's help ahead of time!

TV_Tuner_VGP-UTVAX1_A1157924A_4.JPG

Looks like some kind of parallel, i dunno. If your DVD back does not look like that, you can't fit it, I would believe.

I'm not trying to be mean but even if you could find an adapter (which I'll beat you won't), you'll never find a driver that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom