can you wirelessly connect with out internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyj79

Beta member
Ok, well pretty new to this networking stuff but looking for options to best suit my needs. first thing first, i have a small DJ buisness i'm bringing up from scratch and been using my old emachines desktop to run my dj program and has all my music on. I then bought a acer aspire one netbook to wirelessly download songs, realised was missing much needed songs, which i use connected with my blackberry. Just purchesed a hp pavillion dv7-3060us, please tell me i made a good choice lol, along with a seagate external hard drive. Looking to connect all 3. Would like to be able to access the hard drive with both pc's but don't need the internet on the laptop. is it possible to do this wireless? The fewer the cables and ease the better seeing i have all the other equipment to keep track of. I'm also sure the hp could take over both jobs with no prob but having both would make things much easier.

thanks for any and all imput

AFAIK it can be done, via WLAN, or wireless local area network. Its just that I'm not sure how to go about doing this as I've always preferred using cables, since the data transfer rates through cables are faster.

Ok, well pretty new to this networking stuff but looking for options to best suit my needs. first thing first, i have a small DJ buisness i'm bringing up from scratch and been using my old emachines desktop to run my dj program and has all my music on. I then bought a acer aspire one netbook to wirelessly download songs, realised was missing much needed songs, which i use connected with my blackberry. Just purchesed a hp pavillion dv7-3060us, please tell me i made a good choice lol, along with a seagate external hard drive. Looking to connect all 3. Would like to be able to access the hard drive with both pc's but don't need the internet on the laptop. is it possible to do this wireless? The fewer the cables and ease the better seeing i have all the other equipment to keep track of. I'm also sure the hp could take over both jobs with no prob but having both would make things much easier.

thanks for any and all imput

I May be Wrong, but can you not get like a Adapter that will connect to the External hard drive, which would use Bluetooth, so that you can access them wirelessy, i dont know any other way really, except using cables, USB HUB, maybe a Wireless USB HUB ??

Not sure, Sorry

Jonathan

You can connect directly wirelessly by using a program like Connectify.

wanna say thanks for all the input. I looked up the Connectify program and it needs windows 7 to run, good thing thats what i chose. I dont have the pc yet but it is in route. Will post on how things work out. I'm sure i will have more ?'s in the future and will not hesitate coming to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom