Can laptops be repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, well i wouldn't trust that connection - for one you have it going through a few different media, and two you have to enable the S video cable within the laptop video options.

Unless that is the only output your laptop has - but i think it has the 15 pin blue cable too. If your laptop only has an S video output then that will be the default if something was plugged into it.

It does have the 15 pin(called vga?) connection but I don't have that type of cable. I will see if somebody I know has one or I will buy one.

Correct.

Give it a whirl, it may not fix the issue (meaning the monitor is bad), but it may give us some type of message or error pointing us in the right direction.

Well, I found a vga cable but now the laptop has a dead battery, imagine that. So I called my sister to have her bring the power cord over and I told her what I was doing and she said the guy she took it to already did that and still nothing. I am still going to try anyways. That just doesn't make sense to me. You would think if the monitor is good, it would say something like an error message or anything.

It may not, it could very well be a dead motherboard but from my experience in a major hardware failure it usually won't stay booted. It will boot, then turn off shortly after (either after giving an error message or error beep).

One thing I did notice, should have mentioned this earlier, when I turn it on, I can hear the cd drive click a few times. Does that tell you anything?

take the cable from your monitor that goes to your computer and use that mate.

also if the drive clicks then its trying to read for a bootable disk which it clearly isn't finding. does the hdd start up and make any noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom