Can I Upgrade My Laptop's Video Card? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can I Upgrade My Laptop's Video Card?

I bought a new laptop yesterday and I'm curious to know if it would be possible/worth it to upgrade the video card in order to say play newer games that have higher video requirements. If so what kind of videocard should I buy, say I had a budget around 200-300$. The laptop is a Samsung NP300E5A-A05US, Core i3-2310 2.1ghz processor with 4gb of ram that I do not mind upgrading at all and probably will very soon. The video card is a Intel HD Graphics Family with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 3d accelerator. By the way I do have some experience taking apart laptops; I worked at a computer store for a short period of time so that aspect would not be terribly difficult for me.

Th3M0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Can I Upgrade My Laptop's Video Card?

No. You cannot upgrade that laptop's video processor.
There is no physical, separate video card; rather, it is integrated into the same die as the processor.
Build to be updated, a reminder to myself.
GhOsT1321 is offline   Reply With Quote

laptop, samsung, upgrade, video-card

Posting Rules