No need to order a new one. Just follow these steps:
If you have access to a hardwired internet connection
1. Connect it to the internet via ethernet cable, and go to google to ensure connectivity.
2. Go to the device manager (the screen where you saw the yellow exclamation mark)
3. Right click the network card, and click update drivers.
If that doesn't work, or your hardwired connection does not work either
1. Boot up another PC that has access to the internet
2. Find a USB drive, blank CD, or any other means of transferring files. It doesn't matter what you use.
3. Download this
for Windows XP (this will give you wireless functionality)
4. Download this
for Windows Vista (I couldn't find a wireless driver for your V5000, so use this to perform a Windows Update. Update will automatically find your correct driver.)
5. Put the file you downloaded on to the media of your choice, and transfer it to the laptop. Execute and follow the steps.
Come back and tell us how it went!