Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdanielnc89

Beta member
What kind of cable would i ned in order to hook my laptop into my television?

It has HDMI cable accessabile.. is an HP Pavilion DV9000 supported by HDMI and i so what kind of cord /stuff do i need?

It has HDMI cable accessabile.. is an HP Pavilion DV9000 supported by HDMI and i so what kind of cord /stuff do i need?

HDMI type A cable (male to male) since your TV and PC both have a female out (i assume)

Amazon.com: HDMI Cable 2M (6 Feet): Electronics

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00771281.pdf

page 10

Then just connect your audio out (headphone jack) to the PC audio IN on the back/side of your tv
It may not be labelled "PC audio IN" but whatever audio in is used along with the HDMI port you use.

I know that, but thanks...

I posted that in case he had to DVI to HDMI instead of HDMI to HDMI

There are 2 models of his laptop... one with and one without, as the manual dictates/illustrates.

EDIT: After looking at it though, just would be from VGA to VGA or HDMI to HDMI, so I suppose there wouldn't be the need for an audio cable after all. Thought the one model had a DVI out, not a VGA.

Depends.

What TV do you have / what video inputs does your TV have?

HP dv9000 has HDMI (at least newer models do, I have a dv9700t and it has HDMI). You can use HDMI-HDMI if your TV has an HDMI input, if your TV has a DVI input you can use an HDMI to DVI cable, if your TV only has VGA you can use the VGA port, and if your TV doesn't have that, you can use the S-Video port for composite/s-video/component outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom