Buying a New Laptop -- Seeking advice on which one is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FooFighter

Solid State Member
I am planning on buying a new laptop in the very near future. I'm a web developer and graphic designer. So I need a powerful computer that can handle my needs.

What would you guys suggest I get? I am open for suggestions and advice. I would rather hear the honest opinions/suggestions from you guys, then a salesman on the floor of a computer store.

Thank you in advance....

I've heard good things about the IBM thinpad line. I have a dell e1405 and I'm happy. 5 hours battery life if I dim the screen just on a 6-cell battery. They sell 9-cell ones.

yeah i just got a Lenovo (IBM) thinkpad r61, and i love mine. and my 9-cell battery gets about 4 hours on a full charge. the battery life isn't the greatest but i love my machine. you can even get them with the new line of mobile c2d's; mine has the t7300.

yeah i just got a Lenovo (IBM) thinkpad r61, and i love mine. and my 9-cell battery gets about 4 hours on a full charge. the battery life isn't the greatest but i love my machine. you can even get them with the new line of mobile c2d's; mine has the t7300.

My thinkpad T60 is pretty amazing, but pretty much anything in the Thinkpad line is going to have amazing quality. Seriously check those out if you are looking into getting a laptop, but they do tend to run on the pricey side.

My thinkpad T60 is pretty amazing, but pretty much anything in the Thinkpad line is going to have amazing quality. Seriously check those out if you are looking into getting a laptop, but they do tend to run on the pricey side.

That is true thinkpad's are the best, as long as your not trying to play games on them. They do run on the pricey side but luckily i order mine while they were having a huge sale and got my r61 for 1250 after tax and shipping. The pre-memorial day sale was 50% off all upgrades and 25% of the original price of the laptop. Before savings it was priced at around 1600 w/o tax and shipping.

That is true thinkpad's are the best, as long as your not trying to play games on them. They do run on the pricey side but luckily i order mine while they were having a huge sale and got my r61 for 1250 after tax and shipping. The pre-memorial day sale was 50% off all upgrades and 25% of the original price of the laptop. Before savings it was priced at around 1600 w/o tax and shipping.

Yeah I got a pretty loaded t60 during christmas for about 1400 including a case. I priced it out now and I think it comes to about 1700 dollars.

Mine actually does run the games I play pretty nice, the x1400 isn't really a horrible card -- but it's not 7600gs or 8600M. But I do agree, these are not laptops for gamers.

Yeah I got a pretty loaded t60 during christmas for about 1400 including a case. I priced it out now and I think it comes to about 1700 dollars.

Mine actually does run the games I play pretty nice, the x1400 isn't really a horrible card -- but it's not 7600gs or 8600M. But I do agree, these are not laptops for gamers.

true that i have intergrated graphics though. so yours probably runs games a tad bit better. but mine plays css pretty well so im pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom