Buying a new laptop! ($800 Budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckman44

In Runtime
Hi guys, you guys helped me before, so I would like to come back, but on the portable and of computing.

So heres what I need:

-A good video editing/rendering computer (not over the top, just to make decent youtube videos from my xbox 360 with "basic" editing and quick rendering)
-Fastest performance for budget
-Most memory for money
-Good customer support
-Newer
-Good processor

I was looking at the Dell Inspiron 17 and the Dell Studio 17. Are these good for what I need? Any other suggestions? Thankyou.

I would probably go with the basic config for both but with 4gb upgrade on studio....

HP has many free upgrades too, including 4gb RAM , 320gb HD, and much more (which I would add). Could you check the site and tell me which one you would want for the items I listed above in my first post?

I have an Acer and it is great but I hate there service so I most likely will not buy from them again. I have had problems with dell and will also not deal with them again. I was going to get a lenovo but they just canceled my order today for some un know reason,from there site they have some awesome deals Mine was going to be $550 saving $450 with more then what you need but now I figure I'll up my budget to $1000 and see what i can get on sale. I'll pe looking all over and mainly for Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Gateways and if Acer throughs in a really good deal then I'll consider if i find anything I let you know. As a computer Technician I would definatly be looking for the last 5 brands I mentioned as they seem to be the best all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom