Buying a new laptop

solemncollector

Beta member
To start im looking for a laptop that has a really good screen because just about the only things I will do on it is watch anime, movies etc and school. so Im focused on visual aspects although I want it to be fast for quick things for school and just on the web etc so a fast processor/a good amount of ram
I have a gaming pc for games so thats not a big deal
My problem comes here (unless you would recommend a different laptop)
I'm limited to around 1,000$ maxing around 1,500$

So I'm thinking of buying an Asus zenbook but I won't be able to afford one until I get fafsa money from my school but my school sucks so I won't see any of it (if i get any) until at the earliest December and worst case February. That means Win 8 will be out. I don't know about you guys but I absolutely despise win 8 I think its a hunk of crap and if i wanted to have an operating system for a tablet I would have bought a tablet, that aside, Is it possible for me to opt for win 7 instead of win 8? or will the zenbooks still have win 7 and only the models released after win8 will have win 8?
or are they going to just upgrading everything to windows 8.
(most of my gripes are with metro I've heard about under the hood improvements to speed and stuff but I hate metro)

Last edited:
Asus zenbook is very nice. For your puposes, look around at the Ultrabooks, or even a Lenovo laptops. Ultrabooks tend to have good processors and memory as well as a nice screen, but aren't as expensive as gaming laptops. Its enough to watch video. If you want BlueRay, that gets a bit expensive, but maybe there are some with USB ports? not sure. For 1500 dollars, I can deffinitly tell you to look at the MSI's line of laptops. They have specific ones for gaming, and other ones for just entertainment. I have an MSI, and it does everything that I want it to, plays any game, renders any video...and so on. MSI is the way to go for you.

Asus zenbook is very nice. For your puposes, look around at the Ultrabooks, or even a Lenovo laptops. Ultrabooks tend to have good processors and memory as well as a nice screen, but aren't as expensive as gaming laptops. Its enough to watch video. If you want BlueRay, that gets a bit expensive, but maybe there are some with USB ports? not sure. For 1500 dollars, I can deffinitly tell you to look at the MSI's line of laptops. They have specific ones for gaming, and other ones for just entertainment. I have an MSI, and it does everything that I want it to, plays any game, renders any video...and so on. MSI is the way to go for you.
im mostly looking at zenbooks for the high res ips screen.

I always recommend ASUS just because I love the company oh so much, and I haven't heard too much about the zenbook being bad, so I can't imagine it to disappoint. I would probably go for Newegg.com - ASUS Zenbook UX32VD-DB71 Notebook Intel Core i7 3517U(1.90GHz) 13.3" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M
Unless you actually want the laptop to be super thin, like the other models. The reason I would choose that is just because of the graphics card and processor, and I think it fits your graphics needs considering its 1920x1080. It may be a bit pricy, but I would go with that if I was in your position. You could do some decent gaming on the laptop as well.

According to my knowledge ASUS and Compaq are good brands for Laptop. configuration is depend upon you. if you want to use this laptop for gaming, Auto-cad work, Animation software, then take good configuration. i3,i5 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2GB Graphics inbuilt.

Back
Top Bottom