Buying my first laptop, got a long requirement list...

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
Whats going on guys,

I am getting a little older and more mobile, and i would like to be able to take a computer with me where ever i go... this behemoth of a gaming computer sitting next to me just cant quite go with me everywhere lol... so its time for me to get laptop... At the same time my brother is going to be replacing his 2 year old laptop, so we have come up with a list of requirements that a laptop has to have together, being that we are probably both going to get the same laptop... here is what we came up with:

-13.3" - 14" size
-LED screen
-3rd gen i5 processor
-SSD + HDD
-discreet + dedicated graphics (intel HD + Nvidia 6 series )
-back-lit keyboard
-under 1" thick
-USB 3.0
-10+ hour battery life

and all that for around $800 ( read, under $1000 )

thanks for any help...

i know man! been a while since i posted, i still log on everyday tho... looks as tho ive been replaced here, roark and a few other new people are doing a fine job helping people...

i saw that laptop on new egg, seems like almost everything im looking for, except the switchable graphics? it says it has a Nvidia 640M, but does it have a different GPU that kicks in when you dont need GPU horse power to save battery life?

Yeah, Roark has been absent lately, though. Well at least in the upgrade section. I don't mess in the system builds anymore.

Well, all the 3rd gen i3/i5/i7 systems have the Intel graphics on the CPU. So it might be switchable on the fly. But you can't do it manually. IIRC

I think Optimus allows you to manually switch between the two gpus if you want but automatic switching is the default.

Back
Top Bottom