Buying Laptop... Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

browserdaily

Solid State Member
I am buying a laptop and can spend no more then $1000. I was told a lot of good things about the macbook but I have been with windows for 5 years and I don't know what it will be like to change. If I buy a laptop with windows I am problem going to go with hp.

Here are my questions...

Should I send $1000 for a macbook because someone might steel it? I just think its a lot of money for a laptop.

Should I go with windows or mac?

If you think I should go with windows what laptop do you recommend?

Macs aren't difficult to get used to, however they are very bad value for money. You can get a $700 laptop which will have the same specs as a $1000+ macbook.

Well for 1000 yuore getting the lowest model of the Mac line, with a slow cpu, 2gigs ram, 160Gig HD.

For a Win based PC, 1000 is a very good quality build, plus cwith sales, you can get some pretty good deals.

As to which to buy, that depends on your use.

Which is odd because Leopard only costs about $100. So there's stil $2-300 unaccounted for, and an aluminium body and painfully glossy screen can't cost that much.

I would always go with PC. Especially after using it for 5 years as you said you have. Mac's are so different. And they fail just as often as PC's do. When Mac's fail, though, they are 20x harder to fix or replace. That's why most people get the Apple Care plan which is like $300 for a 3 year warranty (another rip off).

The specs of the $1000 macbook, I got for $450 when I bought my Toshiba laptop. HP is a good brand, though, so definitely go HP when looking for your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom