Buying a laptop - is this okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joecoolwashere

Solid State Member
Hey, i posted a mesage a couple of days ago about a laptop which turns out.. i guess just wasnt good enough graphics wise for what i need.

Ill re-brief you! I just want to do normal things, and play mediocre games such as Counter-Strike Source, Medieval 2 Total War, Battlefield 1942 and mostly of all.. the up and coming Empire Total War.

The minimum requirements for E:TW:

Operating System: Windows XP 32(service pack 2), Windows Vista 32 OS.
Processor: 2.4 GHz Single Core Intel or AMD equivalent processor.
System Memory: 1GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista).
Graphics Card: 256MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (shader 2.0 or higher).
Sound Card: Directx9.0c compatible sound card.
Windows compatible mouse & keyboard.
15 GB free uncompressed hard drive space.

(NEWS | Empire: Total War)

____
Heres the link to the asus laptop im interested in, and here are the basic specs:
(Acer Gemstone 5520G TL60 4GB 15.4" Laptop - Tesco.Direct)

Graphics Nvidia® Geforce® 9300 256MB VRAM
Processor AMD Turionâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core
Processor Cache 1Mb
Processor Model Number TL60
Processor Speed 2GHz
Hard Drive Size 250GB
Memory Size 4GB

______
Nvidia® Geforce® 9300 256MB VRAM.. according to Notebookcheck, this graphics card is quite decent considering my needs, and is described: Compared to the old 8400M G, the 9300M GS has a higher core speed and is therefore faster. Modern DirectX 10 games will run only in low details and resolutions. Older DirectX 9 games, like HalfLife 2 or Far Cry run fluently in medium to high details. (Notebookcheck: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS)

So.. hopefully, i reckon this is just about the laptop i need, and at a decent price :) what do you think?

thanks for any answers!

That should do the trick, but the site you are getting it from is horrid for finding anything. Really, people need to look at Newegg to see how a search should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom