Buying a laptop...I need recommendations.. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Buying a laptop...I need recommendations..

Hey guys, Sofa here.

Well, as you can see in the title, I'm buying a new laptop due to my Asus K-Series being down due to internal issues that are not worth fixing. Any who, the laptop will primarily be used for gaming. I will be running things like LoL, WoW, Steam, C&C, and of course Minecraft. Some others might be not listed but you get the point. I will not be running anything big like Battlefield 3, but I still want a laptop that can hold daily gameplay. Not saying that every game will need to run on the highest settings, but I also don't want to be on the lowest settings such as graphics. Meaning, I want the graphics to be pretty decent. In all honesty, I know nothing about Graphic Cards, so if you recommend me a cheap notebook and some expensive Graphics Card, I won't understand . My budget is only 500-700 dollars, so I know I won't be getting anything too fancy, but I still want it good. My friend recommended me Lenovo's IdeaPad series like the Y400, but it's price tag is a little too high. It would be great if it had 6-8GB, 14.5-15 inch screen, and...well that's it really. Mic doesn't matter since I have the Astro A50s, and cam won't matter either. I wanted to stay away from macs as well. I don't feel like slicing bread with its small/thin edges. If you recommend me a desktop, I will instantly deny your recommendation. If you do, read that sentence again. Sorry for being so picky, but I really want this buy to be a good one. So what can you recommend me? Thanks!
-Sofa

ImSofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: Buying a laptop...I need recommendations..

I have been looking for a little bit, but I found one thats at the lower end of your price range that would be good for gaming(at the price)
$550 acer aspire

Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Your price is kind of hard to hit for the gaming department. Not sure how that Acer Nvidia gpu compares to radeon but this is the best I could find you

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Series 3 NP355V5C-S01US Notebook AMD A-Series A10-4600M(2.30GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1600 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
DMG1287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

For the games listed, anything better than integrated graphics will do, I think.
DistraughtSysop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thanks for the help guys. Ordered this yesterday and it should be arriving soon. http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/det...=1218814069883
ImSofaKingAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote