buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
my sister is looking for a new laptop, so i was wondering if you guys had any input on what are some good deals. thanks for any help

she will mostly be using it for entertainment. for music, pictures, school.

Well, it depends a lot on your budget also. If you are not worried about graphics, You can buy a basic one woth about 2 GB ram and 100gb Harddisk. I use my laptop for same purpose as your sis is going to.. I like Dell laptops, I love their after sales service. However, i myself has a Toshiba :D

I personally would get something like this:
Newegg.com - MSI GX630-028US NoteBook AMD Athlon X2 QL-62(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks
or
Newegg.com - ASUS X59SR-A1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T5800(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 - Laptops / Notebooks

a little cheaper, but just as good for someone who isn't going to use all the bells and whistles, and doesn't need all the horsepower behind it.

I might even suggest the Dell Vostro... Nice price and 3 year warranty to go with it and she can have XP Pro put on it... :) she can upgrade as she wants or leave it and still have a decent notebook. Keeping it as is, but upgrading the NIC and the 3 year accident coverage is 1k... worth it to me, since I have the XPS M1710 and take it every where...

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom