Buying a Gaming Laptop...Am I getting my money's worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my diagnosis is no, no laptop aimed at gaming will ever be as cost effective as a desktop. but considering for various reasons you cant get a desktop :p then whatever one you get, buy a laptop cooler lol if you dont want your privates to melt you might need one.

True. However it so much nicer when I can just put my laptop in my bag and go.
As appose to making 3 trips back and forth to the car with
Tower
Monitor
Keyboard / Mouse and Power Board

problem is that you've put "gaming laptop, am i getting my monies worth"

my diagnosis is no, no laptop aimed at gaming will ever be as cost effective as a desktop. but considering for various reasons you cant get a desktop :p then whatever one you get, buy a laptop cooler lol if you dont want your privates to melt you might need one.

Current gaming laptops have gotten extremely powerful, and can replace a desktop easily.

This used to be true, but the fastest laptop posted here with the hd 4870X2 scores over 20K in 3dmark06...and puts a lot of the desktops on this very forum to shame.

yes a desktop of the same caliber would cost half as much, but you cant put it into a backpack and take with you anywhere you go.

I was looking at that Falcon NW, (the sager version though), but I've decided to compromise and take $400 off the price of Alienware by only doing 4gb of ddr3 1333MHz. It turns out Dells giving me a $300 discount for being a student, so it was pretty much a no-brainer for me. Gonna order my computer tomorrow, thanks for all the (very quick) help everyone!

I would still not get lulled into buying either of those GPU's.

Both computer's have crappy bang for the buck... the 8700m GT's are overrated and overpriced and less in performance than the 9800m GS or GTX 260 c216. Both are overpriced greatly in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom